Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind work, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around... Leo Buscaglia
Today I had lunch with my ex-mother in law, her daughter, and her daughter in law. 3 strong and kind women whom I'd had the chance to know and love for such a brief time 16 years ago and haven't seen in more than 10 years. It's so sad that divorce can separate not just a man and a woman, but entire families. Lunch today was so fun, and I wanted it to never end. I can't wait for it to happen again. My ex-mother in law is 88 and just lovely! The other ladies are older than me, could nearly be my mother(s) and I loved being with them and catching up on who got married and who had kids and who was retired or working still. It was so...warm...to be with them. I loved sitting there with them and with my Chickadee and knowing that our common bond was this beautiful young woman we all love so much.
It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment