Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead. Yesterday is a promise that you've broken. Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes, This Is Your Life. And today is all you got now, and today is all you've ever had. Don't close your eyes. This Is Your Life - are you who you want to be?
I think that song is by a band called "Switchfoot". I love the lyrics. I think about them a lot lately - this is my life... am I who I want to be? The problem is, I never knew who I wanted to be, so knowing if I am or not is kind of tricky. I think I don't so much mind who I am (excepting a few things...)so maybe it's ok. But maybe if I'd of thought about it a bit more, been a bit more purposeful about it, then I would have wanted to be different. Then, being who I am now, would NOT be so O.K. So... am I who I wanted to be? I think, if you deconstruct that sentance, and toss in a generous amount of self doubt, conflicting emotions, and loss of balance, you might just end up back at square one. Yep... guess I'll keep wondering...if I am who I wanted to be...or not.
Maybe if I could just sort of figure out just who in the heck I actually am: Princess Leia or Charlie Brown (?) then I might better be able to answer that, ya think? *shaking head* oh well. Must have rum...or chocolate...or rum...or rum AND chocolate...yes...both. Now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment